Saturday, April 4, 2009

Developments on Wisteria Lane

I'm new getting new neighbors, y'all.

The Crying, Swearing Neighbor Lady moved out in early September, and her house has stood empty ever since. There was a for-sale sign on it for a while, but I don't think it sold (no, I haven't stalked the house on Metrolist). Last week there was a flurry of activity over there -- a truck pulling a small U-Haul trailer pulled up in front, blinds open and lights ablaze, and then, the final, clear indicator: painting going on inside.

I don't know if the people are renters or new owners. What I do know is that they began some sort of construction/hammering business at 7 AM today. Yay! Welcome to the neighborhood! And that whatever they're pounding on, they hammer in multiples of eight. So all morning, it's been rapid-fire blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam, pause, blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam, etc. I keep finding myself counting each series of hammerings, and they've been remarkably consistent.

So! A new poll! Since everyone who lives on my street is weird (and ultimately annoying) in some way (except me, of course), I'm putting a poll over on the right side for us to guess what the heck it is they're doing over there and/or how it is that they will ultimately distinguish themselves, weirdness-wise. This weirdness is likely to be the source of their pseudonym for future blogging, so it's important we get it right.

2 comments:

David said...

woah...now your site is very purple. do you change the colors to reflect your mood or is there some other explanation?

Nora :) said...

I change the colors whenever I feel like it. And I have a short attention span, so that's a pretty frequent thing.