Monday, April 6, 2009

Big news

I am returning to political life under the Capitol dome.

Friday is my last day at the ministry and, beginning Monday, I’ll be working as Assembly Member Tony Mendoza’s legislative director.

I’ve not reached this decision easily. In the process of arriving at it, I’ve been the grateful recipient of many prayers, lots of good counsel and plenty of smacks to the head. Apparently I have a few boundaries left, because I am not comfortable discussing all the reasons for this decision, but there are many.

I love Capitol Ministries. I love its mission. I love those it sends out. I love my dear brothers and sister in Christ with whom I had the privilege of toiling for nine months.

Please keep me in your prayers as I return to the building that was my professional home for 12 years and I endeavor, as Sean prayed for me last week, to be a light in a dark place.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

"Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord..."

Col. 3:23

I think this verse can apply to your situation, even if it is a Dem. office :-)

but seriously, I wish you every success and blessing in this new place of vocation!

David Wolfe said...

Didn't see that coming... =) In fact I was so surprised, I had to check twice to make sure it was actually your blog I was reading on Google Reader, lol. Nora, it'll be great to have you back in the building, and I know you'll honor Him in everything you do. FWIW, Tony Mendoza is probably my favorite Asm. Dem, and from what I've seen, is a very kind and gentle man. Good pick! Praying for you...

Russell said...

You must go down. You must go down hard! :)