Sunday, January 11, 2009

More of the baby

After church today, I got to spend a couple of hours with Cora, her baby, her mom and her almost-two-year-old brother, Jerry.

Pretty quickly after lunch, Jerry needed a nap (meltdown, anyone?), so he and Cora's mom traipsed off to bed, leaving me with Cora and her little one.

For two hours, we sat on the couch, watched bad game shows on TV, and cuddled with the baby. Who is nearly a month old now but still amazingly perfect. She's sure beautiful, with a really sweet little disposition and appetite that belies her size. Which is getting bigger all the time.

She was in my arms nearly the entire time. I'm so grateful that Cora is so generous with her and still seems to be doing so well, all things considered.

I hope by the time she's ready for college, I lose the instinct to scoop her up in my arms and just hold her constantly. But I can't guarantee that'll be the case.

No comments: