Sunday, December 28, 2008

'Womanizer,' improved

Here are the All-American Rejects covering Britney Spears' "Womanizer" from her recently released Circus, which all the cool kids are listening to these days.

I don't like her music generally, largely because her voice is so electronically altered and processed, so it's not like I'm a Britney aficionado or anything. But I've seen her video of "Womanizer" and heard it on the radio enough times to think the Rejects' version is a real improvement. And oddly catchy.

2 comments:

Christina said...

=) I'm oddly entertained by the guys with tamberines and clinking beer bottles singing to some other guy, "Baby, you're a womanizer" or whatever it is that they are singing...

Anonymous said...

I heard an *amazing* acousting version of "Hit me Baby One More Time" *years* ago that sort of clued me into the fact that while I may not like how she produces her music, she has *amazingly* good taste in songs. (She doesn't write them, or at least she didn't used to). I think that's really her gift --- she can pick good songs and produce them in such a way that the general public goes crazy. She's not really a singer, she's someone who's able to disparate pull things together, not unlike a visual artist. Sort of.