Monday, December 29, 2008

Moving house

So I was driving in to work today through downtown, minding my own business. There was a truck sort-of thing in front of me for a good part of the way, but I had the stereo on and was enjoying the beautiful sunshine streaming in the windows.

But when a light turned red, I got a moment to sit and take in my surroundings. And this was directly in front of me:


Well, good day, Sacramento. That would be a wee little barn-like object on a trailer truck. Wending its way through the heart of downtown. Swerving in the middle of intersections, in fact, so the top of its little peaked roof wouldn't hit the traffic lights dangling down from their wires.

What's it for? Where's it going? Is it a storage shed or a tiny barn or a teensy house or something else?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wending is a great word.