Monday, December 8, 2008

It's so cold I've resorted to drinking tea

This was today's high temperature, as recorded by my car's external thermometer. At 3:30 p.m. In early December. In Sacramento. In Northern California. Which is in California.

I realize the Yankees among you will not think this is a big deal. But then again, you're Yankees. After a lifetime split between Houston and California, leaving aside a lapse in Alaska, my blood has thinned. Or something.

I am a fool, as it turns out, and didn't think wearing socks was important this morning. Or gloves or a scarf. So despite layers and a decent coat, I've been cold all day.

Tonight I will finish this awful tea, have a fire and put the flannel sheets on the bed.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

hmmm...you need a better tea.

www.hinastea.com